BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

move over single vertical letter in Boris 3D

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cammie Noel
move over single vertical letter in Boris 3D
on Aug 17, 2008 at 5:41:14 am

I am having a devil of a time doing a simple thing. I am trying to move a single letter over (it is Large Vertical titles) and when i type them the i always is in the wrong position.
How can i move just the i over and then move all of the letters over so they are centered in the middle of the canvas. Should I be creating these 3d letters first in Boris 3D then tranferring them to Boris Crawl?.(They are rolling titles) Also I am having issues with some tiny titles i made in imovie that i was trying to layer with the Huge Boris ones, total of 3 layers. It was quick and easy to make the tiny ones in imovie(it's like a typewriter motion title) but the BG's are not right they are not working well layering with the ones that i made in Boris.I never use imovie except their titles are very quick and easy to make.For tiny ones it seemed a good idea. When it gets to the imovie ones(clips) The titles look good except the BG's of the imovie clips seem to cover up the Boris ones, not completely but darken them alot. I have the levels matching on all 3 layers, but it still isn't working. Maybe they won't be compatable and I will have to make them in Boris also, Much more time consuming. Anyone have any ideas about this?I could I suppose make the tiny ones in the regular FCP title generator. Not sure which is the best way to go.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Cammie Noel
Re: move over single vertical letter in Boris 3D
on Aug 19, 2008 at 6:44:03 pm

I am replying to my own post in case someone reads this eventually. I am able to move the letters over with tracking but it is painstaking and frustrating I move on e over hit apply then when I go back to move another one just selecting that l;etter it for some reason moves the other one back. Anyway I am still stumped as to how to make all of the layers appear
congruent that is the BG's on them all appear as black . I am trying to create more of the small ones in boris but i can't figure out how to create a typewriter effect in that program.
Any ideas anyone?Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks!

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: move over single vertical letter in Boris 3D
on Aug 25, 2008 at 12:51:42 pm

Hi,

The typewriter animation that you are searching for is called "Type On" and this effect is very easy to produce in Boris Title 3D. Here's how:

• generate the title that you want in Title 3D
• set the in and out points and cut the title into the timeline
• double click on the title to make the controls visible
• move the CTI to the start of the title in the timeline
• in the control panel tab, scroll down to the Text Type On parameter
• add a keyframe for this parameter and set the value to 0
• move to the end of the title in the timeline
• add a keyframe for the Text Type On parameter and set the value to 100

The title will now appear in a typewriter fashion.

Regarding the position of the title - you can control that in the title generator window in so far as you can set the justification and leading etc but the rest of it is controlled in the FCP canvas window. Set the viewer to display image + wireframe and you can move items interactively on the screen.

I hope this helps.

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]