BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

changing duration of compositions

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Hankechanging duration of compositions
by on Aug 13, 2008 at 9:52:20 am

Hello Cow Crew,

does anyone know, how to change the duration in a RED 4.2 composition without stretching or shorten the tracks and Parameters in time.

f.e.: When I´m working on a composition and the expected duration is too short, changing the duration results in a stretched up/compressed in time composition, effecting on all effects, paths, keypoints, etc., wich I have to "resize" in time almost all step by step. Because, using the stretch/compress-option by richt-clicking the last key of a track and moving it to another position does not effect on all layers below that selected track (masktracks, paths and effets must be changed seperatly, I think). And strechting up does not work.

So, is there an issue I missed?

thnx by now,

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: changing duration of compositions
by on Aug 13, 2008 at 1:19:48 pm

Hi Daniel,

You can instruct RED as to how it deals with global time via a feature called "Keep Keyframe Time" which you can access by going to the Keyframe Palette (Windows>Show Keyfame Palette.) If you want to maintain the current keyframe time, ie if you have set a keyframe at frame 20 of an effect and want to lengthen the total effect length but not move the keyframe from frame 20, then you need to enable this feature. To have keyframes automatically reposition themselves to stretch/compress so that they fit the new length of the effect then you disable this feature.

I hope this helps.

Return to posts index

Daniel HankeRe: changing duration of compositions
by on Aug 15, 2008 at 11:07:28 am

thx a lot,

great advise.

Next time I should go through the different programme options before I start crying;)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved