BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris Blue Crashing

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zach Meissner
Boris Blue Crashing
on Aug 9, 2008 at 6:22:19 pm

I am running Boris Blue 2.5 with a 6800GT video card with the latest drivers on XP (SP2). It seems while i am browsing the preset library after a few minutes the programs gives me the shut down program error. Is this a driver issue? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Christopher Wright
Re: Boris Blue Crashing
on Aug 11, 2008 at 4:16:24 am

I tried Boris Blue on both laptop and desktop Vista systems with supposedly "approved" video cards, and got the "not supported" warning on both installs. Sure enough, when opening and trying to use Blue on both systems, they did not respond. I quickly uninstalled both and wait for better Boris support of graphic cards.

Dual 2.5 G5, IO, Kona LH, IO, Medea Raid, UL4D, NVidia 6800, 4Gig RAM
Octocore 8 GB Ram, Radeon card, MBP, MXO
Windows XP Adobe Studio CS3, Vegas 8.0, Lightwave 9.2, Sound Forge 9, Acid Pro 6, Continuum 5, Boris Red 4, Combustion 2008, Sapphire Effects

Return to posts index

Dirk de Jong
Re: Boris Blue and VISTA
on Aug 11, 2008 at 2:49:47 pm

Christopher Wright wrote;
"I tried Boris Blue on both laptop and desktop Vista systems with supposedly "approved" video cards, and got the "not supported" warning on both installs."

when did you download and try BLUE on VISTA ? FWIW, the only build of BLUE approved for VISTA (the BLUE 2.5.1 update) was posted on borisfx.com on July 30th (less than 2 weeks ago) - any installer previous to that would not have claimed VISTA support and indeed would give a "not supported" warning on launch.

Return to posts index

Dirk de Jong
on Aug 11, 2008 at 2:54:00 pm

If you're on the latest approved GeForce driver (which I think you are) the driver situation should be fine. Does the crash seem to be specific to using the Library Browser ? If so, is it specific to browsing certain effects ?

Return to posts index

Christopher Wright
on Aug 11, 2008 at 8:04:56 pm

Yes I downloaded the most recent Blue version last week. I got the "some features may not be supported" dialogue on both installs, and sure enough, when I even just tried to type text in the Blue interface, there was no response and it froze up. It is too bad, as I have been a Red and Continuum afficionado for years, and was really looking forward to giving Blue a test drive.

Dual 2.5 G5, IO, Kona LH, IO, Medea Raid, UL4D, NVidia 6800, 4Gig RAM
Octocore 8 GB Ram, Radeon card, MBP, MXO
Windows XP Adobe Studio CS3, Vegas 8.0, Lightwave 9.2, Sound Forge 9, Acid Pro 6, Continuum 5, Boris Red 4, Combustion 2008, Sapphire Effects

Return to posts index

Dirk de Jong
on Aug 11, 2008 at 8:38:45 pm

OK - good to hear you have the 2.5.1 installer - sorry you had a bad first experience with it - you shouldn't get any kind of unsupported warnings as long as your video card and driver meet the requirements as listed on this page ;

http://www.borisfx.com/product/blue/requirements.php

when BLUE is launched, if you open the Preferences Panel and go to the Preview tab, you should see a "Test OpenGL Hardware" button. If you hit this button BLUE will open a window displaying the hardware and driver info as recognized by the software, and there should be an option to copy that info to the clipboard for pasting into a text document like an email message (or the web form for posting a message to this forum). Maybe by seeing that info I'd have an idea as to what's going on with your system.

In your original post you wrote that you had already uninstalled, but if you review the system requirements and confirm that you have a card and driver that should be supported and then re-install BLUE - maybe you could post the BLUE OGL Hardware test info and I could try to help you resolve the problem. I have my Creative Cow prefs set to automatically email me when posts are made on this thread so I will see it whenever you get to it.

Dirk
BorisFX

Return to posts index

Brandon Hite
on Aug 21, 2008 at 6:47:25 pm

I am also experiencing the Boris Blue crash. I am running Vista and have installed the 2.5.1 version. Randomly Blue will freeze and then eventually shut down. Very frustrating. I am running the NVidia GeForce 9800 series video card. The OpenGL test is successfull when ran, but the warning pops up saying that the card is not listed as being compatible with Blue.

Also, once I upgraded to 2.5.1, the new version won't let me enter my serial number from 2.5.

Help...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]