BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

FEC preset folders

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Thorogood
FEC preset folders
on Aug 6, 2008 at 6:07:50 pm

Just trying out the trial of FEC in RED. It seems as though whenever I use a FEC filter it creates an "FE Presets 5 AE" folder within the fodler where the media I've applied the filter to is stored and another one within the normal presets folder itself (e.g. Boris etc/FE Presets 5 AE/FEC Glow/FE Presets 5 AE/FEC Glow"). Is there anyway of stopping it creating all these preset folders or is some reason it is doing it?

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: FEC preset folders
on Aug 6, 2008 at 7:59:07 pm

How bizarre - I've not seen this behavior but I'll report it to engineering to see what they can tell us about it. Are you on the Windows or the Mac platform? Are you using RED standalone or as a plug-in?

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Mark Thorogood
on Aug 8, 2008 at 8:13:32 pm

Thanks Peter

If I'm in Red standalone, it creates the folders as I've described. It does the same if I use as plugin in Vegas (via Red) but places the folder on the desktop?

Hope you can help. I'm using the trial of both FEC and Red.

Return to posts index

Mark Thorogood
on Aug 8, 2008 at 8:13:40 pm

Thanks Peter

If I'm in Red standalone, it creates the folders as I've described. It does the same if I use as plugin in Vegas (via Red) but places the folder on the desktop?

Hope you can help. I'm using the trial of both FEC and Red.

Return to posts index

Mark Thorogood
on Aug 9, 2008 at 9:42:40 am

Sorry for the double post. To clarify - in Red as standalone, an emptypresetr folder is created in the filter folder itself and in any fodler where the source material, i.e. video etc, is kept. In Vegas (6.0), it creates an empty folder in the filter folder and one on the desktop.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]