BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Not enough memory

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt MurrayNot enough memory
by on Aug 5, 2008 at 2:44:55 pm

I am trying to render some simple effects in Boris (zooming in on still images) and Boris keeps telling me that "There is not enough memory available to complete the operation. Please make more memory available by closing windows or quitting other applications, and try again." I do not have any windows open other than Avid while I am rendering. I just got a brand new computer with 3 GB of RAM and when I check the performance of the computer while it is rendering, it never uses all the memory. A couple of weeks ago I was able to make things complicated effects in 3D containers and have no problems, now I can't zoom in and out of a couple of pictures. I am using Avid Media Composer 2.8.3. Anyone have any suggestions? Any help at would be appreciated. Thanks.

-Matt

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Not enough memory
by on Aug 5, 2008 at 8:09:14 pm

Hi Matt,

Are you using the latest version of Boris? Perhaps that's the issue. What has changed in your set up from when this worked well to now, where you are getting these out of memory errors? Sounds like you have a new machine - and the latest shipping version of Avid. First thing I would do is to make sure that you're using the most up to date version of the Boris software - what Boris software are you using ... RED/Graffiti/FX/BCC/FEC? And what is the exact version number (including the decimal point number) of this software?

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Matt MurrayRe: Not enough memory
by on Aug 5, 2008 at 8:19:55 pm

Peter,
To my knowledge, I am using the latest version of Boris Red. I am using version 4.2.0.1410. I get these memory messages occasionally within the Boris timeline, but usually I get them when I try rendering in the Avid timeline. To be honest, I can't think of anything that has changed since Boris was working before. If you render boris projects, do they create files that slow it down (similar to precomputes with avid)? Let me know if there is other information I can provide you with. Thank you.

-Matt

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Not enough memory
by on Aug 6, 2008 at 8:09:37 pm

Hi Matt,

The latest version of RED is 4.3 - the first step for you will be to download that version and install and see if that resolves the problem. If not then I'm going to have to refer this to tech support.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Mark RothmanRe: Not enough memory
by on Aug 12, 2008 at 6:56:39 pm

Matt, did upgrading to 4.3 solve your problem? If not, what did? I have a similar problem that showed up out of nowhere, but upgrading didn't help me and I've run out of ideas ...

Return to posts index

Matt MurrayRe: Not enough memory
by on Aug 13, 2008 at 7:54:14 pm

I have not even had a chance to upgrade yet. I had another problem that forced me to call Avid support and they had me run a file that allowed Avid to use more of the available RAM I had on my computer and that has solved both my Avid and Boris problems. I don't know if the two are related, but all I know is that for right now, my Boris is working fine.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]