BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BCC Jitter

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Carlino
BCC Jitter
on Aug 3, 2008 at 3:39:16 am

So after trying to figure out how to use Jitter my head is spinning, so can someone please help.

All I am really trying to do is make look there is a little camera shake. I just cant seem to figure out all the different shapes and parameters I need to be using. Can some one simplify it for me.

Thanks Mike

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: BCC Jitter
on Aug 5, 2008 at 1:02:37 pm

Hi Michael,

Indeed, there are a lot of parameters in that particular filter, which can make generating a quick effect a bit more difficult that one might want. However, there are a couple of options for you:

The first approach to this would be to use the Jitter Basic filter instead. The click on the preset loader pop-up and select jitterPositionX and you should be at the tweaking stage within seconds of applying the filter.

The other approach is to use the Film Damage filter instead and disable everything except for the Camera Shake. And you're ready to fine tune the jittered result.

I hope this helps.

Peter.

Return to posts index

Michael Carlino
on Aug 5, 2008 at 6:00:20 pm

Thanks Peter, I did not even think of the film damage filter that is probably be all I need.

Thanks Mike

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Aug 5, 2008 at 8:10:08 pm

That will do the job alright - or again, you can use the Jitter Basic and just select one of the presets and tweak from there.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]