BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

jagged titles in Title 3D

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wolfgang Isenhart
jagged titles in Title 3D
on Aug 1, 2008 at 5:21:55 pm

Hello,

I am using Final Cut Pro and the Boris Title 3D Text generator like I have for years.

The titles look really bad. Everything is jagged. The slope of the "A" in my title looks like a set of stairs.

DVCProHD timeline, 59.94 progressive 720.

Changing the viewer window scale doesn't change anything. Kona 2 component output looks the same.

Any ideas? This happened in the last few months. Or the FCP 6 upgrade I did. Just notice this problem since then.

Please help. I use Boris Title 3D a lot and need to get this figured out.

Thank you

Wolf Isenhart

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: jagged titles in Title 3D
on Aug 1, 2008 at 6:20:20 pm

Hi Wolf,

Are you seeing this with a font that used to look fine and didn't show the aliasing issue? If so then see if perhaps enabling the 1:2:1 deflicker option, which is located at the top of the filter controls might be the answer. How does it look when you view it on the computer screen as opposed to the Kona controlled monitor? How does the final render look? Are you viewing at 100 percent? At zooms higher than 100 percent, the text will have the aliased appearance that you are seeing.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Wolfgang Isenhart
on Aug 1, 2008 at 7:32:51 pm

It seems to affect all font faces. It is a large title 72 point or something like that. I have my windows on "fit to window" but that doesn't seem to matter, it looks bad at any size.

I am not re-sizing or anything like that. Just plain old fonts coming out of Boris Title 3D or FCP "text" generator. They both look bad.

It looks the same out of the Kona Card or using my second monitor as the preview monitor...all bad.

It doesn't matter if it's rendered or not, still the same.

Strange thing I noticed, the shadow that I used in Boris Title 3D looks smooth, while the title it's on looks like stairs.

???????????

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Aug 1, 2008 at 7:50:35 pm

HI Wolf,

Would it be possible for you to send me a screenshot so that I can see this as I cannot reproduce the problem on my system. And can you please set the view to 100 percent for the screenshot? You can send that to me at peterm@borisfx.com.

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Wolfgang Isenhart
on Aug 1, 2008 at 8:05:09 pm

will do.

thanks for your help on this. It's a new and exciting problem that has been keeping me up at night.

Wolf

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]