BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Red 4.1 Render problems

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael CarlinoRed 4.1 Render problems
by on Jul 27, 2008 at 5:53:56 pm

I am having a interesting rendering issue. I have made a still image of a web site that I cleaned up in Photoshop. This image is pulled back to see the whole site and then zooms in to a particular are and does a menu opening up animation. The problem is at the beginning the edges of the graphic shake and then when the animation is finished the whole graphic has a shake to it. If have tried all the different settings that have been discussed on this board to fix it but nothing works. I am creating this on a Mac Pro 2x3 ghz dual core running OS 10.4.11 with 4 gb of ram. I am using Boris Red 4.1 and using the animation compression.( I have also tried a lot of other compression types but no change.) This is where it gets interesting, I recreated this same effect In Boris Red 3GL running on an IBM PC windows 2000 with a x86 Family 6model Genuinetel 933mhz processor with 785,840kb of ram. I am running Avid Xpress 5.26 with meridian hardware. When I render on this system no problems everything is clean. I even compressed it on the AVID pc (using animation codec) and then loaded the render on the Mac- all is clean! If I do the reverse, render on the MAC and play it on Avid the video shakes just like it does in FCP. Apparently, Boris 4.1 or the Mac is rendering different then Boris 3GL PC. Does anyone have a clue to what is up? Also, I would prefer to figure out how I can Make this animation clean On my Mac using final cut because the Avid Xpress system will be decommissioned soon.

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Red 4.1 Render problems
by on Jul 28, 2008 at 12:58:09 pm

Hi Michael,

It's unclear to me as to what the root of the shake issue is but I'm willing to take a look at it if you like. Please send me the settings file (no need for media.) You can send to to me at and I'll take a look to see if I'm having the same result that you are getting on your systems.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved