BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

updated Boris Red doesn't see older effect

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Nelson
updated Boris Red doesn't see older effect
on Jul 26, 2008 at 1:02:30 am

Trying to resurrect a 4.1 effect in a timeline from '06, from my old Meridien system, and my new Red 4.3 download doesn't seem to understand the old effect. Any hope?

MC 2.8.3 running on OS 10.4.11

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: updated Boris Red doesn't see older effect
on Jul 28, 2008 at 1:04:28 pm

Hi,

It should have worked - I'm a bit surprised that you were unable to open the effect from 4.1 into 4.3. Can you open the effect in the Meridian timeline alright using 4.1? If so then you could try to re-save the effect as a settings file onto the desktop and then attempt to open it with RED 4.3. If you would like to send me the settings file I can take a look at it to see if it opens on my systems. You can send it to me at peterm@borisfx.com.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Bill Nelson
on Jul 28, 2008 at 3:06:44 pm

thanks so much for responding, Peter! That's a problem... as I open the Avid effects editor dialog, it's empty. No icon to save, no parameters. And the effect in the timeline shows the generic 'I-don't-know-this' effect icon.

I'm an official Red ABVB and Meridien customer from back at 2.5, but did not follow the upgrade path to 4.x. And I don't have access to those dated systems now. It's been over 2 years since I opened this tired timeline, and I've updated to MC/SDI Mojo since then. The BCC bundle is in fairly consistent use, but I've not used RED since then.

Perhaps access to an older trial version of RED would do the trick... I'm not an official 4.0x customer, so may not merit your attention on this.

All the best,

Bill

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Jul 28, 2008 at 3:29:02 pm

Hi Bill,

I think I understand what may be going on - please send me an email off list at peterm@borisfx.com.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Bill Nelson
on Jul 29, 2008 at 9:26:21 pm

Peter,

Fired off a note off-forum, but my thread seems to be mis-titled. I'm trying to bring back an older BCC 'Cube' effect. Does this shed any light on the subject? My client has evidently become quite enamored of the older effect!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]