BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BCC5, Premiere CS3 and Premiere AE

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael PohlBCC5, Premiere CS3 and Premiere AE
by on Jul 19, 2008 at 10:31:07 am

Hello, everybody

ich have just installed the trial of BCC5. I really do like the creative things you can do with this all those effects to my projects and i really would like to buy it. However i experienced several serious crashes when using BCC5 within Premiere CS3.

First my configuration: Mac pro, 2*2,8 Ghz Xeon, 8 GB RAM, Mac OS 10.5.4, Adobe latest updates (Premiere 3.20), Nvidia G8800GT (standard configuration)

Every i time i use one of the OpenGL effects in Premiere, the effect will be applied, but if i want to do anything to the parameters or just click the name of the effect leads to a final crash of premiere. I also experienced a rather strange issue with the help, open and save box hidden under the name. This box is displayed totally black without any content for all filters. However it is still clickable. If i switch over to After Effects however everything seems to be fine. I do see the info box, i can switch or change parameters, the playback will work, even if using the same footage.

Using other effects than opengl seems to work better, there are no crashes, when i change parameters, but i also see random crashes when i do a playback with a boris filter applied.

Any ideas about this? Many thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: BCC5, Premiere CS3 and Premiere AE
by on Jul 21, 2008 at 1:08:34 pm

I'll ask the technicians in our QA labs to take a look at this to see if they are seeing what you appear to be seeing in regard to use of the BCC OpenGl accelerated filters in Premiere Pro CS3. If may be related to the driver for the video card that you are using, but I'm not sure yet and won't know for certain until they have performed some tests. I guess in the meantime all I can suggest is for you to limit your use of the BCC OGL filters to when you are working in the CS3 After Effects host and to avoid using them in Premiere.

Return to posts index

Michael PohlRe: BCC5, Premiere CS3 and Premiere AE
by on Aug 10, 2008 at 9:56:14 pm

Hi, Peter

anything new about my problem?

I am still keen to buy this piece of software but as long as it is not working in premiere pro as it should be i am unsure.

Could i provide any information about my system to help the situation?

Many thanks and best regards

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: BCC5, Premiere CS3 and Premiere AE
by on Aug 11, 2008 at 1:31:44 pm

Hi Michael,

Adobe Premiere CS3 on the MacIntel platform is for all intents and purposes a new host for us and we're still in the process of weeding out a couple of problems, such as the problem with OGL that you have encountered on your system. Some of these issues can and will be resolved by us but others will have to be fixed on the host side of things.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved