BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BCC5/FCP system failure

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark GrossardtBCC5/FCP system failure
by on Jul 14, 2008 at 10:04:00 pm

Hi all,

I'm having some major difficulties with Continuum Complete 5 in FCP 6. Whenever I try to render a clip with a Boris effect on it, I get a complete system failure (ie. everything freezes and an ominous list of tech-ese pops up on my screen). The only way to get my machine back is to power down manually. Last week, everything seemed to be working smoothly, but today suddenly everything's haywire, and I'm pulling my hair out.

We don't use BCC 5 very often in FCP (we got it since we use it a ton for AE, and it just seemed like a good idea to have it with FCP), so I don't know how prevalent this problem might be. I'm about ready to wipe the BCC5 FCP plugs off the system and figure out how to achieve the desired effects without.

I'm running a Mac G5 PPC, dual 2.7 GHz with 6.5 G RAM, OSX 10.4.11, with FCP 6.0.4, QT 7.5, BCC 5.0.7, an ATI Raedon X800 XT, and AJA Kona LS.

Anyone else run into this?

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: BCC5/FCP system failure
by on Jul 15, 2008 at 12:43:27 pm

Hi Mark,

This should be a fairly straightforward support issue - please contact our support team at as they should be able to resolve this with you either over email or the phone. It is most likely something simple like a stale or corrupt preferences file on your machine, which is causing the filters to crash. Feel free to contact me at if the matter remains unresolved by the end of day today.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved