I'm trying to use Borix FX transitions to create the effect of my title 'exploding' in particles. I can't seem to get the alpha to work correctly. As soon as the transition starts (placed at the end of my title), the 'background' of the title (that should be transparent) turns black. i've read the FX help files, changed the Key to 'Straight Alpha' in the Boris software but i can't get this to work....very frustrating. i'm a Premiere veteran for many years but using Boris FX has got me whiped.
Can anyone shed some light on how to do a simple particle 'explosion' of a title in PPro2?
This should be fairly easy - and you shouldn't need to use a keyer to generate the alpha as the particle filter should take care of that for you.
• apply the FX filter to the title clip
• enter the FX user interface
• click on the face sub-track of the title in the FX timeline and in the controls window make sure that alpha is enabled by selecting it from the Key pop-up
• apply the particle effect to the title track
• keyframe the particle animation
• click the apply button to leave the FX user interface and re-enter the P Pro timeline
Thanks for the help. That did work. I was trying to apply the 'Transition' ... that won't work. But since the Title is on a video track above my footage using the 'Filter' on the Title works great.