BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

Can I buy one product and install on both AE and FCP?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Milk Hsieh
Can I buy one product and install on both AE and FCP?
on Jul 9, 2008 at 9:27:28 am

Can Boris or somebody tell me?
For Example, if I need BCC for AE and FCP, should I have to buy "2 BCC" for seperate AE and FCP? Or I only have to buy 1 BCC and can install on both AE and FCP?

Please tell me.
Thank you!

p.s. I am MAC User

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Can I buy one product and install on both AE and FCP?
on Jul 9, 2008 at 1:03:07 pm

Hi,

With the advent of Apple FCS 2 a new API (application programming interface - it's the language filters use to plug-in to a host) was made available to plug-in developers and the old API was discontinued. The new API is Apple FxPlug (previously FCP used the Adobe AE API). The plug-ins that were written in the AE API are incompatible with the new FxPlug API and therefore all plug-in developers had to re-write their software (at considerable expense) to get it to work in FCS 2.

So ... this means that the plug-ins for After Effects, which use the Adobe AE API and the plug-ins for Final Cut (which use the FxPlug API) are incompatible. They are, in short, different products, just as the plug-ins for Avid are different (they use the AVX API) and the plug-ins for Flame/Smoke are different (Sparks API).

What this means to you is that you must purchase product for After Effects and Final Cut separately.

I hope this explains the situation and why you need to purchase BCC for AE and for FCP as separate products.

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Milk Hsieh
Re: Can I buy one product and install on both AE and FCP?
on Jul 10, 2008 at 3:27:57 am

Dear Peter,
Thank you for helping me!!
^___^

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]