BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris Red3 + avid Rotoscoping issue

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
wilmot media
Boris Red3 + avid Rotoscoping issue
on Jul 8, 2008 at 12:59:44 pm

I've run into a problem Boris Red 3 and avid. I'm exporting video from avid (720X480 lower field first)as an uncompressed QT Movie and bringing it into Boris Red to Rotoscope. I then created 60 separate one frame spline tracks (2sec clip)to pull out the background. When I bring it back into avid it flickers like I got the field order messed up. Here's the thing, If I simply exportthe same clip from avid and then export back out of Red without rotoscoping using the same settings
the video plays back fine.

The rotoscoped version also plays fine if I use no interpoloation, but I don't like the look as much as interlaced.

Any thoughts

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Boris Red3 + avid Rotoscoping issue
on Jul 8, 2008 at 3:27:08 pm

Hi,

I'm not sure what to tell you it's possible that this is a field order issue with the Avid host but I'm not 100 percent sure - I don't have RED 3 set up and can't check that for you. Another option is to download RED 4 and see if that solved the problem - if it does then you need only upgrade RED to make it work.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Steve Pankow
on Jul 8, 2008 at 5:38:47 pm

Do you have 'Better Quality Field Rendering' or '1:2:1 Deflickering' turned on in your Red Preferences menu?

Return to posts index

wilmot media
on Jul 9, 2008 at 12:38:30 am

Yes and No, I've tried every combination of those setting and it still comes out the same.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]