BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

autorecovery file

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chaim Mehlmanautorecovery file
by on Jul 8, 2008 at 7:19:38 am

Can someone please tell me how to get rid of the message "An autorecovery file has been detected. Would you like to recover your settings from the last session?"

This comes up every single time I go into the Boris FX plugin. This question has been asked and answered in another thread, but I can't make any sense of the results or get the solution to work. This seems to be a completely undocumented flaw.

I am using Final Cut Studio 2 on a Mac Pro.

Thanks in anticipation.

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: autorecovery file
by on Jul 8, 2008 at 3:29:49 pm

Hi Chaim,

What's the exact version number of Boris FX that are you using? When I get that information I'll bring it over to engineering to see if they have a solution for your system.

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Chaim MehlmanRe: autorecovery file
by on Jul 9, 2008 at 1:26:30 am

Hi Peter,

Many thanks for your prompt reply. I am using Boris FX 9.1.5.070615

Chaim

Return to posts index

by on Jul 9, 2008 at 12:52:00 pm

Thanks Chaim,

I'll bring this info over to engineering to get their opinion on the matter and I'll post again later on this morning with a solution.

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

cow
by on Jul 9, 2008 at 3:22:29 pm

Hi Chaim,

First, you need to upgrade. There is a free upgrade on our site for you to download - this will eliminate the problem with generating the errant auto-recovery file. Once you have upgraded the software, you'll need to remove the errant auto-recovery file to get rid of the messages. To do that, you first have to find it and then delete it. This is done via command line in a shell.

Here's steps.
1.Download Boris FX 9.2.1, either the Updater or the Try and Buy.  Install it.
    If this fixes the problem, then stop here.  You're done.

2. Launch Terminal.
    Type:
sudo find / -name BorisFX_autorecovery.bfx
Copy and paste anything it finds that matches this into TextEdit or elsewhere.  You can select the text and type command-c.

sudo find / -name BorisFXG_autorecovery.bfx
Copy the text describing any more found items into TextEdit or elsewhere.

Now that you have the paths to these files, you can use Finder to browse into the folders.  When you get to an app package, you'll need to right-click (control-click) and choose Show package contents.  Then begin looking into folders inside that.  Eventually you'll get through all the folders and packages to the path where the autorecovery file is found, and you can just move it to the trash.

After that you should be good to go. Please let us know how you make out with this solution.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Chaim MehlmanRe: autorecovery file
by on Jul 10, 2008 at 3:51:31 am

Hi Peter,

Many thanks for providing the solution to this annoyance. Just for your feedback:

I decided to try the file search before upgrading, so I could repeat it if the problem recurred. Once you told me how to get into the Contents folder, I was able to do a manual search while Terminal was searching simultaneously. That was fortunate, as there was no file called BorisFX_autorecovery.bfx, and Terminal wouldn't have found it. The file was actually called BorisFX_autorecovery (without the .bfx). It was located in the folder Applications/Final Cut Pro.app/Contents/MacOS (not very deep down at all). On removing it and starting the BFX plugin, the message didn't reappear.

I will now be updating to 9.2 anyway. Thanks again, and hoping this may be of help to you and other users.

Return to posts index

by on Jul 10, 2008 at 1:22:12 pm

Hi Chaim,

Yes, sorry about that little issue and I'm glad that we were able to find a solution between the two of us. Thanks for your help with that and also for providing the offending file name - I'll have that added to the file on this problem for future reference.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]