BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Using the Composite Choker in Avid

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kurt SchuetteUsing the Composite Choker in Avid
by on Jun 26, 2008 at 3:58:42 pm

I am using the spectramatte and the Boris Chroma Key to try to work with some green screen footage that I have. I am not really happy with the results of either of them. My main problem is that I am getting a very hard edge as if there was an outline around the subject. I wanted to try the composite choker filter to try to get rid of that edge. My question is, where to I apply the filter. Do I apply it directly on the clip I am keying, on a track above or below the clip I am keying, and is there a special paramiter that I need to specify in the effects controls to get it to work? I have tryed several combinations, but I haven't had any luck.

Thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

Kurt SchuetteRe: Using the Composite Choker in Avid
by on Jun 26, 2008 at 4:11:12 pm

Oh, one more thing. When I select show matte in the composite choker effects controls. The screen comes up all white (there is no cutout where the key should be).

Thanks!

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Using the Composite Choker in Avid
by on Jun 26, 2008 at 5:58:34 pm

You need to Alt + Drag the Matte Choker filter onto the clip to stck filters. You also have to go to the Title Matte group in the Matte Choker filter and enable that function. And you have to set Multi-Filter start and end for the filters that you have stacked.

I hope this helps.

Peter.

Return to posts index

Kurt SchuetteRe: Using the Composite Choker in Avid
by on Jun 26, 2008 at 9:09:24 pm

It worked! I didn't have the Multi-Filter start and end set.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Peter McAuleyRe: Using the Composite Choker in Avid
by on Jun 26, 2008 at 10:10:02 pm

Cool. Glad to hear that worked for you.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]