BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Does Boris 3.0.2 work with Final Cut 6.0.3?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael EscherDoes Boris 3.0.2 work with Final Cut 6.0.3?
by on Jun 14, 2008 at 6:26:10 pm

I just bought a Boris Red GL (version 3.0.2) software package on eBay and have been trying to install it this morning. After installation, I can get the Boris Engine to work but when I start my FCP (version 6.0.3) the Boris filters don't appear in my filters tab. I've checked and the new Boris filters do reside in my Final Cut Filters folder (hard disk>library>application support>final cut pro support>plugins) but they don't show up when I open FCP.

I took the additional step of selecting the individual filters in the final cut pro filters folder, hitting command-i to bring up the information about the files and then selecting "open with" and changing it from "after effects" to "final cut pro" on each of the new files. Still no luck when I re-open FCP. I'll try re-starting my computer to see if that makes a difference.

I'd like to play around with the filters and program before I plunk down an additional $300 for the 4.0 upgrade. Is there a way to make the filters work with my machine. I am running OSX 10.5.3 on a 2x3 dual core intel xenon with five gigs of memory and a Aja LHe card and breakout box.

Michael Escher

Return to posts index

Peter McAuleyRe: Does Boris 3.0.2 work with Final Cut 6.0.3?
by on Jun 15, 2008 at 9:39:48 pm

Congratulations on your purchase, however RED 3 does not work with FCP 6 ... you'll have to upgrade to RED 4 for that compatibility. You can still download the trial version of RED 4 from the BorisFX web site ( and use it for two weeks, after which period the software will watermark all renders with an X. After you purchase the unlock code the X disappears.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved