BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Interivew talking head morph

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anthony MilesInterivew talking head morph
by on Jun 2, 2008 at 9:27:51 pm

Dear Cow Gods,
Please help. I have Boris RED and use FCP Studio's latest incarnation on a Mac Pro. Does any one know of a way using these tools or another FCP plug in to do a seamless morph between to parts of the same taking head shot. Typical Med CU interview, I need to cut out a section and try to have it be a seamless continuous shot. I usually use, dip to black, white flash or a dissolve but I would really love another slicker solution. I am willing to buy another plug in if it will do the trick quick and easy for me.

Seems like someone would have come up with this by now for FCP in some way. Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Best regards,
Anthony Miles

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Interivew talking head morph
by on Jun 3, 2008 at 2:00:39 pm

Hi Anthony,

You might want to give the following filters a shot:

BCC Directional Blur
BCC Radial Blur
BCC Spiral Blur
BCC Glow
BCC Colorize Glow
BCC Scatterize
BCC 2D Particles
BCC 3D Image Shatter

All of these filters are available in RED 4 and in BCC 5 and can be used to generate a unique transition / morph from one shot to the next.

I hope this helps,

Return to posts index

Steve PankowRe: Interivew talking head morph
by on Jun 3, 2008 at 10:16:35 pm

When are they going to make the BCC B-roll filter? ;)

Return to posts index

Peter McAuleyRe: Interivew talking head morph
by on Jun 3, 2008 at 11:33:47 pm

Hahah ... good one. :) Now of course if it's a B roll that you need there are transition filters in the pack that will do this too.

Return to posts index

Anthony MilesRe: Interivew talking head morph
by on Jun 4, 2008 at 5:49:38 am

Glad I could be the brunt of humor, we all need a laugh, now where do I buy that a B-Roll filter, I think the company that sells creative talent has that one too. ;-)

Seriously you would think the market demand for such a thing would drive some creatively intelligent plug-in wiz bang group to make a transition to allow editors to quicly and easily morph 2 sections of the same composition/shot together and have it be seemless or relatively.

Why not Boris FX in RED with the optical flow technology they use to paint out foreground objects, etc, shouldn't this be doable?

I would gladly pay 200 for it if it was a simple drag and drop, and I would think many other would as well.

Thanks for the feedback.

Anthony Miles
DP, editor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved