BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BCC AVX 3

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Pankow
BCC AVX 3
on May 29, 2008 at 5:23:23 pm

This is a longshot, but I thought I'd ask anyway. Using BCC AVX verion 3 on Media Composer Adrenaline version 2.2.10 and a Quadro 980 card.

Applying the Linear Wipe TR filter with the splitVertSoftTear preset appears to cause the incoming video clip to jitter somewhat until the wipe ends. It's subtle, but I have to apply the filter again to a text layer above the video tracks, which makes it much more pronounced.

Not sure if I need to make an adjustment or if it's a possible limitation with the filter itself that has since been fixed in later versions of Continuum. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: BCC AVX 3
on May 29, 2008 at 7:15:19 pm

Hi,

I just checked and can see this too but when I promote the effect to AVX 2 the problem that you describe disappears. Can you give that a shot and let me know if it works for you?

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Steve Pankow
on May 29, 2008 at 7:33:56 pm

I don't see a way to promote anything and nothing comes up in the manual regarding AVX 2.0. Remember, this is version 3.0 of Continuum Complete AVX I'm talking about. Was there a version 3 upgrade that I missed at some point?

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on May 29, 2008 at 7:54:19 pm

Hi Steve,

Okay, there are two options for you to try ... first, go to the filter and twirl down the General Controls group. Then set the Fields pop-up to Quality Optimized. See if this solves the problem. Also, make sure you are in green/green (high rez) mode in the Avid. If this does not work, then your only other option is to upgrade to BCC 5 so that you can use AVX 2, which on my screen does not exhibit the issue that you are reporting.

Please let me know how this works for you.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Steve Pankow
on May 29, 2008 at 7:58:11 pm

Yeah, I was always in Quality Optimized and Green/Green...so much for that. Thanks for the help though.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]