BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

Duration in After Effects

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Rothman
Duration in After Effects
on May 29, 2008 at 4:36:31 pm

With Boris Red 4.2.1 and AE 8.0.2:

Tracks over 1 minute show up in Red with a duration of a few seconds -- basically, the number of seconds over a minute. I noticed someone on the Toolfarm forum had this problem with Graffiti. He solved it by using a non-drop timecode. This didn't work for me.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Duration in After Effects
on May 29, 2008 at 7:09:17 pm

Hi Mark,

Are you on Mac or Windows?

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Mark Rothman
on May 30, 2008 at 2:51:39 pm

Hi Peter,

Windows XP

Mark

Return to posts index

Mark Rothman
on May 31, 2008 at 5:15:23 pm

Peter, it's not the drop-frame ... it's the frame rate of the original footage. Footage at 29.97 gets the "minutes" section of the timecode knocked off. Reinterpret to 30fps, and it comes into Red just fine.

Is there some setting I can change in Red or should I just wait for a fix?

Thanks,

Mark

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Jun 2, 2008 at 3:03:49 pm

Hi Mark,

Apologies for the delayed response - I'm taking a look at this right now and will get back to you with more information within the hour.

Thanks for your patience with this.

Peter.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Jun 2, 2008 at 3:16:59 pm

Hi Mark,

Well that didn't take too long - wee reproduced the issue and although we do not have a workaround as a plug-in, the workaround that we can offer is to do the work in RED standalone mode, export a movie file, then reimport this back into AE.

Meanwhile, we'll do what we can to fix the issue for a (hopefully not too distant) future update.

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Jun 12, 2008 at 2:18:25 pm

Hi Mark,

We should have a fix posted for this issue later today - we're just putting the patch through the QA process. I'll let you know when it's ready for you to download.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Jun 12, 2008 at 6:13:04 pm

Hi Mark,

The new version is now up on the web site ready for you to download and includes the fix for the issue that you reported. Please let us know how this works for you on your system.

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Mark Rothman
on Jun 13, 2008 at 5:16:38 pm

Thanks Peter, that did the trick. I appreciate the quick turnaround.

PS I noticed you didn't respond to my "General Stability" post, so I'm assuming there are no general rules ... if something doesn't work, either try something else or report a bug to you and they'll try to fix it. Yes?

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Jun 13, 2008 at 5:26:47 pm

Hi Mark,

Yeah, I meant to respond to the general stability post but I just wasn't sure how to approach the question. You see, we expect that all of the software that we release is good and that there are no problems with instability - once we hear reports of such we immediately go to work on a fix and release a point update. So I guess the answer is that you should expect the software to perform well and if there are issues, as you mentioned, just send us an email and we'll investigate the situation.

Thanks for using our products and also for hanging in there with us while we fixed the problem that you discovered with regard to clip length.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]