BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

beginners question

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
florian herwegbeginners question
by on May 13, 2008 at 7:23:33 pm

hey there

usually i'm an after effects guy. unfortunately a client insists in doing the broadcast design within boris red. i quickly understood its advantages for the client. i just have some "getting into the whole boris stuff" problems, since ae is still different.

ok. i created a solid color and animated its crop. this i want to use as mask for my thumbnail.

then i created a new precomposition. in the face layer i nested a tiff picture. i positioned it the way i wanted it, depending on the mask i put in earlier.

now i want to scale down the whole precomp. so i moved the pivot to the very right. turned on "scale around pivot". now the precomp itself scales the right way, depending on its pivot but the tiff pic still scale referring on the center of the whole project. then i tried to move the pivot of the pic as well but still no good result?

what do i do wrong? should i use containers instead of precomps?

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: beginners question
by on May 14, 2008 at 2:44:54 pm

Hi Florian,

Ideally you should be using containers instead of precomp layers, but it's unclear to me why you would be seeing the problem that you have encountered with the transform scale issue. Please send the project to me at and I'll take a look to see if I can decipher exactly what is going wrong. Please zip the project before sending it to me.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved