BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Spline Object not working properly Boris Red, Avid MCA

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John MecklenborgSpline Object not working properly Boris Red, Avid MCA
by on May 9, 2008 at 3:08:03 pm

I've been having an ongoing issue with spline objects on my Avid. For example, I am trying to isolate specific areas of an image layer with a spline track to apply a blur to. Simple enough. When I put the spline object on the mask layer of that image it causes the entire image to disappear as opposed to cutting out the area I want like its supposed to. I'll try various options and it still will not work properly. What's strange is that it works without a problem on some effects I have in other parts of the show. This has happened on several occasions and it has also happened to some of my co-workers on different computers. Our solution thus far has been to jump over to another computer with the project and it will usually work fine. Is there a setting I need to change or is this some strange glitch in the program?

Many thanks,

John

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Spline Object not working properly Boris Red, Avid MCA
by on May 9, 2008 at 3:27:25 pm

Hi John,

What happens if you disable the OpenGL preview in RED ... do you get the same result? You can disable OGL by going to the Preview pulldown menu, then selecting OpenGL mode and then selecting Off.

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

John MecklenborgRe: Spline Object not working properly Boris Red, Avid MCA
by on May 9, 2008 at 3:44:18 pm

It was already set to off, and nothing happened when I switched between options. I've tried restarting everything, and that had no effect as well. I can paste already working splines built the exact same way that are taken from other effects in the same project and they will work fine. But when I create a new one to build a custom effect in a different spot it will not work. In the past I've had this issue while primarily onlining DNx145, 1:1, etc., but I'm currently working with 15:1 media so it should be easier on the RAM if that's part of the problem (but I have 3GB, Windows XP can't handle much more).

-John

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Spline Object not working properly Boris Red, Avid MCA
by on May 9, 2008 at 3:52:31 pm

Odd. Another thing to do is to select the spline that is not generating a result with the hollow arrow tool and make sure that the fill is enabled.

Can you please send me a copy of a RED project that has a spline mask that is not behaving as expected? My email is peterm@borisfx.com.

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]