BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Video card support for RED

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark RogersVideo card support for RED
by on Apr 21, 2008 at 5:32:49 pm

I am using Boris Red and it is running extremely slow. I am possibly using an un-supported video card. I have a quad-core 3GHz Mac Pro with 8 GB RAM. The video card is a ATI Radeon X1900 XT. states these cards are supported, ATI RADEON™ 8500 and up and
ATI RADEON™ Rage 128. Does that mean that only those cards are supported, or that those are the minimum cards that are supported? Thanks!

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Video card support for RED
by on Apr 23, 2008 at 3:17:41 pm

Hi Mark,

What are you doing when you see the slowdown in RED? Is OpenGL preview on or off? Remember that in RED we only use OpenGL for preview purposes, not for final rendering so are you seeing a slowdown in the renders or in the preview on screen?

Return to posts index

Mark RogersRe: Video card support for RED
by on Apr 23, 2008 at 7:15:39 pm

Hi Peter, Thanks for the response. I was previewing with OpenGL on. I have turned it off now and it is running much faster. I am creating a 1920x1080 HD comp and I think that was also causing it to run slow. I have changed the comp size to 1280x720. That too seems to have helped. I have not been using Red for very long and I am teaching myself. I really appreciate your help with this. I am sure I am doing other things incorrectly as well, but I guess I will learn Red one mistake at a time. Thanks again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved