BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BorisFX9 not showing up in video transition menu of FCP5

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Walter Faulkner
BorisFX9 not showing up in video transition menu of FCP5
on Apr 17, 2008 at 3:31:12 pm

I just installed BorisFX9 on my MAC running OSX. Followed the installed instructions to link to FCP5 and when I opened FCP, BorisFX9 is not showing up in the effects video transitions drop down menu, but it does show in the video filters menu. I looked in the FCP5 plugins and there are some boris icons in there but not the effects plugins. I looked in the application support folder and in the BorisFX9 folder there is a folder for the plugins and allot of other folders and files. Do I need to move those into the plugins folder for FCP5 to get it to show up in the transitions?
Thank you for any assitance.
Walter Faulkner
Black and Blue Productions, Inc.

Return to posts index

Walter Faulkner
Re: BorisFX9 not showing up in video transition menu of FCP5
on Apr 18, 2008 at 1:34:06 am

Apprently this is a known issue with BorisFX
Below is part of what borisFx lists on thier site. My question is I have FCP5.1.4 on a powerPC G4 so does this mean that transitions do not work with this version either?

http://www.borisfx.com/hosts/fcp/FX9.php
Boris FX 9and Final Cut Pro
If you have been experiencing difficulties with Boris FX 9 and Final Cut Pro, follow the directions below that pertain to your version of FCP and Processor type (Intel or Non-Intel). Please note, these instructions are for Boris FX 9 only. If you are using Boris FX 8 , please contact Boris Technical Support at the link provided at the bottom of this posting. Some of the downloads you may need are currently not available on our website and would need to be emailed you by a Tech Support Representative.

For Power PC users (non-Intel Mac):
If you are using FCP v5.1.2 on a Power PC (non-Intel Mac), the Boris FX 9 TRANSITIONS will not work. Apple made changes between v5.1.1 and v5.1.2 of FCP that caused Boris transitions not to work. The rest of Boris FX 9 works fine though. Apple (not Boris FX) is aware of the transitions issue and is currently working to correct it. At this time, we do not know when Apple will release this fix.

Boris FX 9 transitions will work with FCP versions 5.1 and 5.1.1 on Power PC (non-Intel Mac).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Intel Mac users:
At the present time, Boris FX 9 TRANSITIONS will not work on Intel based MacIntosh systems no matter which version of FCP you are using. The rest of Boris FX 9 works fine. Apple (not Boris FX) is aware of the transitions issue and is currently working to correct it. At this time, we do not know when this fix will be released Apple.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]