BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ray BrownBCC5 in FCP
by on Apr 17, 2008 at 1:10:15 am

Using a velocity remap on a clip in FCP pro 6.0.1. When rendered in the original timeline it looks great, but everytime I nest the sequence a graphic appears that says it cannot render this please e-mail support. Go back to the original timeline and the clip becomes unrendered. Any thoughts? Mac pro 10.4.11 2x3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon. 8 GB memory. Also, using XSAN to store media.

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: BCC5 in FCP
by on Apr 23, 2008 at 3:15:21 pm

Hi Ray,

Well this is all very odd ... I have a clip in a sequence to which I have applied the BCC 5 Velocity Remap filter. I set the filter to 10 percent of the speed of the original clip. Then I nest this clip by selecting Sequence>Nest Item and rendered the effect. The effect appears to be correct and I didn't see any messages on screen per your experience. When you added the filer to the clip in the original, non-nested sequence, did you drag the clip from the project bin into the filter's media well? If you dragged it from the timeline then I can understand how this may be a cause for the filter to behave as you describe so maybe that's the problem? If you have not done so already, can you please try that to see if this helps?

Return to posts index

Ray BrownRe: BCC5 in FCP
by on Apr 23, 2008 at 3:27:30 pm

You're right, I did NOT drag the clip into the well in the controls tab. I double clicked the clip in the timeline and applied from there. So, I need to take my clip from the timeline, export it as a quicktime, re-import it back in to FCP, drag the new clip to the well and apply the effect? I would drag the original clip into the well but I don't need to slow the entire clip just a piece of it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved