BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris RED upgrade options for Avid MC systems

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve ThomasBoris RED upgrade options for Avid MC systems
by on Apr 3, 2008 at 12:02:19 pm

We currently have Boris RED 4 for AVX 2 as well as the standalone RED 4 engine installed on two of our Media Composer Meridiens (software V12.0.5) and one of our MC Adrenalines (software V2.2.6). I have been told that Boris RED has a 4.2 free upgrade out. Has Avid qualified that version for our systems? If so, would the upgrade be worth while getting?

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Boris RED upgrade options for Avid MC systems
by on Apr 4, 2008 at 2:28:38 pm

Hi Steve,

Unless you are experiencing problems with the current set up or want to use the improved subtitling feature in RED 4.2.1 then there is no real pressing need for you to consider upgrading from RED 4 to RED 4.2.1 update. The update does not include any significant new functionality over and beyond the features that are included in RED 4, unless you are using RED for subtitling. If this is the case then by all means update your software but as I mentioned already, if the set up that you have is working for you and is stable then I suggest leaving it as is for the time being. The changes that have been made to RED from version 4 to version 4.2.1 are mostly for OS and host support issues with only a few feature changes.

I hope this helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved