BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Psunami in BORIS RED

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
DAN SHALEV
Psunami in BORIS RED
on Apr 2, 2008 at 8:01:40 pm

I had some troubles with Psunami filter in BORIS RED. Do you know the folder that I should install it, and if it copmeteable with BORIS RED?
thanks, Dan

Return to posts index

Peter McAuley
Re: Psunami in BORIS RED
on Apr 3, 2008 at 1:00:48 am

Hi Dan,

Are you using a Mac or a Win based machine? It is unclear to me whether or not the Psunami filter will actually work within Boris RED but it's certainly worth a shot to see if it does. I think we will only know for sure by installing and testing.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Peter McAuley
on Apr 3, 2008 at 1:15:47 am

Hi Dan,

I was able to successfully install and use the Psunami filter within Boris RED on the Mac. I haven't tried Windows. One issue that I observed while working with the filter is that the presets loader will cause RED to crash, so as long as you don't touch that control you should be able to use the filter in this environment. Also note that I tested the filter in the RED standalone mode and not while plugged into a host.

When installing on the Mac, the destination for the filter should be:

Library/ApplicationSupport/BorisFX/BorisPlugins

I hope this helps.

Peter.

Return to posts index

DAN SHALEV
on Apr 3, 2008 at 2:42:34 am

Thanks Peter for your reply. I have a XP os and I have the same problem with the preset folder and crashes. It seems that you cant apply Psunami filter within BORIS RED.

Return to posts index

DAN SHALEV
on Apr 3, 2008 at 2:43:53 am

Thanks Peter for your reply. I have a XP os and I have the same problem with the preset folder and crashes. It seems that you cant apply Psunami filter within BORIS RED.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]