BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BCC4.1 AVX custom region frustration

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William Busby
BCC4.1 AVX custom region frustration
on Apr 2, 2008 at 1:08:19 am

I've used the composite filter in the color/blur category for this exact same thing in the past with no problem, but now it's become totally useless. After I did a test render, which everything was fine except for several frames that needed tweaking... as soon as I would add a keyframe & drag ANY control point from using custom shape in the PC Region control, it snaps back to it's original position, making any modifications impossible!

I'm simply trying to composite a face moving into frame from the left & back out again.

Anyone know what's going on here?

Regards,
Bill

Return to posts index

William Busby
Re: BCC4.1 AVX custom region frustration
on Apr 2, 2008 at 1:27:46 am

Well after starting over from scratch, it's doing the same thing. I don't get it :-

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Apr 2, 2008 at 2:07:37 pm

Hi William,

From your description I think that somehow the preferences for BCC have become mangled ... it might be best to simply remove them and relaunch. Can you please provide me with your system details and I'll tell you where to look for the preferences file. I need to know the OS, host and plug-ins that are installed on the system.

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

William Busby
on Apr 3, 2008 at 1:21:32 am

Thanks for the quick reply Peter (you're always on it :), but I did discover the problem... however odd it may seem.

Believe it or not, this was happening because of the partial render in the track above (a simple letterbox mask), even though that track had monitoring off! Removing the filter on that unmonitored track cured the problem. Go figure, eh?

I've replicated the same issue just for fun. Sure enough I got the same results. Weird huh? I just can't understand why it would act that way if I had that track unmonitored. Some sort of cache deal?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]