BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Re:Boris 4.0/4.2

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben StrasserRe:Boris 4.0/4.2
by on Mar 25, 2008 at 2:17:34 am

Running G4, Boris 4.2.... I've been using Boris long before Boris Red and have upgraded/updated along the way for years. With this most recent upgrade, however, I am experiencing a somewhat minor, though annoying problem. Every time I open a Boris project, the icon for which is on my desktop, Boris 4.0 opens - which, of course, will not open the 4.2 project. I can, of course, close that out, click on the Boris 4.2 icon and open it, then open the project.

I have searched for all old 4.0 programs on my major and various other hard drives on my computer and have changed the name of any older Boris applications to something like XXXoris, etc, but nothing I do seems to solve this irritation. 4.1 keeps showing up.

Any suggestions?

Ben Strasser

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Re:Boris 4.0/4.2
by on Mar 25, 2008 at 2:16:58 pm

Hi Ben,

You may have missed a preference file when cleaning off RED 4.0 from your system. Try removing any reference to RED 4 or 4.1 from here:

HD/users/(login name)/Library/Preferences/

Also, instead of renaming these older items, you should remove them from the system.

Please let me know if this helps.

Return to posts index

Ben StrasserRe: Re:Boris 4.0/4.2
by on Mar 29, 2008 at 6:31:57 am

Hi Peter. Thanks for your recommendations. I'm currently going through a major revision of all of my Boris Files, including removing older versions from my computer as you suggested. Turns out that I have Boris files everywhere so I'm reorganizing them; deleting duplicates and so on.

Thanks again for your response.

Ben Strasser

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved