BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris Red on AVID MCA

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fazz Powell
Boris Red on AVID MCA
on Mar 24, 2008 at 11:23:54 pm

Hello - I'm trying to use Boris Red Titler for the first time with an AVID MC Adenaline and as soon as I drag the effect onto a clip in my sequence it does some kind of weird "filter" on it, whereas the bright whites turn black and the image looks like it has some kind of funky haze over it. It's like there some weird default in Boris and I can't figure out what it is. I have MCA 2.8.1 and Boris 4.0.3.

The other weird thing is I have Boris on V3, V2 is my show and V1 is an off-line from the client we use as reference and when I drop Boris into V3, V2 goes to about 50% opacity and I now see my V1 off-line underneath of it, I would expect I would only see V2.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Dan Powell - Take One Digital Media

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Boris Red on AVID MCA
on Mar 25, 2008 at 2:09:26 pm

Hello,

I don't think you have the latest version of RED, which might explain why you are having this problem. I would suggest downloading the latest update for this host from our web site and seeing if this solves the issues that you are seeing.

You can download the update from here: http://www.borisfx.com/updates. You should be using Boris RED 4.2.1.

I hope this helps,

Peter.

Return to posts index

fazz powell
on Mar 26, 2008 at 12:18:05 am

Thanks Peter. I upgraded and still no joy. As soon I drop Boris CG onto the sequence the top layer turns to about 50% opacity and the video layers are visable underneath. Very weird.

Dan Powell - Take One Digital Media

Return to posts index

Peter McAuley
on Mar 26, 2008 at 1:33:45 am

Hi Dan,

Well it appears as though it is not going to be possible for me to provide a solution for you without more knowledge about the timeline that you are working with. We'll have to take this off-line. Please write me at peterm@borisfx.com and we'll see how we can resolve the situation.

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]