BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Changing text to other media?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sergio anayaChanging text to other media?
by on Mar 13, 2008 at 10:46:17 pm

How can apply the "default" text effects and apply them in a picture o videos?

I like to play with the text generators tags as Jiter, Type on, generator for example, but I would like to apply this kind of "effects" to pictures.

Can I change each letter of any text for pictures?

How can I do that?

Best Regards

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Changing text to other media?
by on Mar 14, 2008 at 1:23:32 pm

Hi Sergio,

The text effects that you mention are only available as text effects and cannot be applied to a picture element. There are other things that you can do though to mirror that effect.

For instance, if you like the jitter that you have applied to a text element and need to apply that to an image element, you can use the motion tracker to track the jitter in the text element and then apply the tracked motion to any image element(s). Details on use of the tracker can be found in the built-in RED electronic help system. Alternately, you could use the Jitter filter that is included with RED, applying the filter directly to an image element in the RED timeline and then tweak the Jitter filter parameters to match the movement of the text as closely as possible. Or ou could apply the jitter filter to a container and place the un-jittered text and image tracks into the container - the advantage being that the text and images will all share the same jitter effects with the least amount of work.

Type-on animations are a different matter and is strictly a text only effect. You can change a letter for an image element (and to do that you must first convert the track into a container), however, once you replace a letter with image media any style animation, such as jitter, is lost for that letter.

I hope this helps.

Return to posts index

Boris YamnitskyRe: Changing text to other media?
by on Mar 17, 2008 at 11:52:53 am

OK, a couple of other very simple suggestions: Try BCC Jitter Basic or BCC Jitter for same effect as in text jitter.

It's true that type on currently is only available for text media (at media level) but Title container contains Shuffle and Zoom option which can be used to automatically animate any object in sequential manner.

Return to posts index

sergio anayaRe: Changing text to other media?
by on Mar 18, 2008 at 4:48:42 pm

Thanks for your comments guys, I will check your recomendations.!

3.2 Gb processor
1 Gb DDR

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved