BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

multiple matte keys

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
amanda duncanmultiple matte keys
by on Mar 10, 2008 at 9:11:07 pm

I cannot get this to work, I already figured out a work around for the project I needed it for since I only needed a still but I want to see if I could get Boris to do it with video. I'm not great with Matte stuff anyway and I've never done it with Boris so I don't know if it will work.
I have an elipse border that I want to put video in. Plus I want to have the ability to scale it down and move it over a video background.
Can you tell me how to do this not using images with embeded alpha mattes? I just save the matte as separate images and then invert it if I've gotten it backward.
THe elipse border (over black) is easy enough to key out the inside and out with a luma key. Plus I've gotten the video(for the inside of the elipse) to crop out so it's the shape of the elipse(I have the elipse in a container with the matte and "make alpha key" filter)but can't figure out how to get that new shaped video keyed over the background. I'm guessing I need an additional matte for that but what should it be and where does it go? In the container or in a new container or what?
I know that's a confusing explination, hopefully you can understand what I'm attempting to do and give me a better workflow.
Boris Red (inside AvidNewscutter Adreneline as Avid FX Studio Toolkit plugin)so I don't have a version number sorry.

Return to posts index

Peter McAuleyRe: multiple matte keys
by on Mar 11, 2008 at 1:33:08 am

Hi Amanda,

To use the matte that you generated through the container as an alpha channel that can generate transparent areas for another track containing video, you need to place the container in the upstream or downstream matte sub-layer on the video that you want to be on top (V1.) You can see these mask sub-layers when you twirl down the shape track in the timeline. Once you do this, the clip on the layer below this, the V2 track, will show through where there is alpha in the V1 layer.

If you would like, feel free to to send me the AvidFX settings file that you are working on and I can set it up for you to demonstrate how this works - when I have it set-up I can then send it back to you. You can send this file to me here:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved