BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BR 4.2 and AL 7.2 problem

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sergio anayaBR 4.2 and AL 7.2 problem
by on Mar 4, 2008 at 9:48:11 pm

I use BR as plugin of Avid Liquid 7.2, I have some questions

1.- When I open the filter and transition foldr in AL 7.2
I have 3 different BR versions (4.0, 4.1 and 4.2)
which one to use?
2.- What to do if I only want to see one BR version in AL?
3.- Do I have to have all 3 version into AL to make BR works well?

BR 4.2 works well as transition, but when I use it as filter then the system freze!!! and I have a black screen in AL (without the exclamation mark!) just the editing screen is black!

4.- What to do to solve this?

As alone engine BR 4.2 works well, little slow, but works well! even normally I do the work this way, importing the vieos to BR and then export them and import them into AL again, but now I want to use it more as plugin!!

Comments and recomendations are welcome!!

Best Regards

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: BR 4.2 and AL 7.2 problem
by on Mar 6, 2008 at 5:25:28 pm

Hi Sergio,

According to our QA department, you should probably keep the older versions on the system for compatibility with legacy projects that may have used those versions. Moving forward though, I'd suggest using only the latest version on all new projects.

We are not quite sure why you are seeing a freeze - can you please provide an exact set of steps so that we can attempt to reproduce this in-house?

I hope this helps.

Return to posts index

sergio anayaRe: BR 4.2 and AL 7.2 problem
by on Mar 6, 2008 at 9:56:24 pm

Thanks for you answer, I check again solving the problem, that I did was to unistall BR, Then I defragment memory then I install BR angin and it is working much better!!! now I can use it better as a plugin.

Thanks for your answer

Pd- I am making more different stuff with BR and love it more every day; it is great!!! just I need more creativity!!.

Best Regards

3.2 Gb processor
1 Gb DDR

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved