BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Text roll problems in RED 4.2.1

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott YarbroughText roll problems in RED 4.2.1
by on Mar 3, 2008 at 6:53:49 pm

Avid MC 2.8, HPxw8200, Red 4.2.1

Two attempts at credit rolls produce 2 problems:

Single page approach: Title container with crops to appear behind a frame, about 200 lines. Previews appear fine, but renders produce only the middle of the list for the duration of the roll.

Multiple page approach: title container with same crops - list broken into 11 pages. Previews appear fine, but renders produce a standardized distance between pages that page header/footer setting doesn't affect. A light zoom effect set for page 1 only is seen on every page.

Any suggestions?

Scott Yarbrough

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Text roll problems in RED 4.2.1
by on Mar 3, 2008 at 7:30:00 pm

Hi Scott,

Can you send me the project(s) please? We'll take a look at them here. You can send them to me at

Return to posts index

Dave DiPintoRe: Text roll problems in RED 4.2.1
by on Mar 5, 2008 at 5:36:51 pm

Hi Scott,

I was able to reproduce your first bug in house and have a potential workaround for you. The problem seems to be related to using the render queue to render text rolls. Rendering using the export function (ctrl + M) worked for me for the first issue. i was also able to render in the host timeline without clipping the duration.

The second and third issues may be related to workflow. The header and footer values are set for each track in a title container. If you want to change the overall spacing you need to select all of the tracks and change the header/footer values. Sometimes the spacing gets thrown off if you add tracks or re-order tracks, but you can fix this by changing the Animation Type of the container to None and then back to Roll to force a recalculation of the spacing.

The light zoom worked fine for me when applied to track 1. Did you apply it above track 1 in the container or was it nested inside the shape track of track 1? In order for the light to only affect track 1 it must be placed inside track 1.

I hope this helps and if you have any more questions let myself or Peter know.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved