BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

Boris FX 9.2 and Vegas 8.0

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jay Allen
Boris FX 9.2 and Vegas 8.0
on Mar 1, 2008 at 4:40:40 pm

What is the "extended Sony Vegas 8.0 integration" with 9.2 over the 9.0 release. The 9.0 version has a lot to be desired in the integration with Vegas and therefor i don't use FX or Grafitti very much. Its too bad that a product this expensive has such poor integration.

Return to posts index

Dave DiPinto
Re: Boris FX 9.2 and Vegas 8.0
on Mar 3, 2008 at 3:20:55 pm

Hi Jay,

I'm sorry you're not happy with the integration, that is purely a limitation of Sony's plugin architecture. As for the extended integration, FX 9.2 supports Vegas version 8 whereas previous releases did not and I believe a couple of bug fixes.

If there is anything specific I can help you out with let me know.

Thanks,
Dave

Return to posts index

Jay Allen
on Mar 3, 2008 at 3:25:49 pm

9.0 worked limited with Vegas,
but Boris adds states version 9.2 "Better integration with Vegas"

Return to posts index

Dave Reid
on Apr 15, 2008 at 10:33:59 pm

I think BorisFX should stop saying this integrates with Vegas cause it clearly doesn't work very well at all. The chromo keyer is a nightmare and not reliable in my tests anyways. Unfortunately there is also no way to report a trouble to them without paying yet more money. So no I am not happy. And I don't blame Vegas 8, Sony isn't the one saying extended integration, which is why I bought it, very disappointed with the interaction.

Return to posts index

Bob Mark
on May 10, 2008 at 7:43:37 pm

I used Boris FX and Graffiti all the time when I was using Speed Razor. Now I can barely use them with Vegas Video. I don't know who's problem it is, but it just is a nightmare now. The built in titlers in Vegas are extremely weak in MHO. Inscriber and Graffiti gave me many options before, so this is a big step backwards. Now I'm looking at other plug-ins and at FCP vs Vegas.

Bob

Return to posts index

Jay Allen
on May 19, 2008 at 2:49:45 pm

I used to beta Boris FX with fast video machine many many years ago and the integration was better then. One huge advantage back then is Boris FX could be used as a stand alone - if you had poor integration with your NLE just use Boris FX as a stand alone and it would not only work better but also MUCH faster.
Fast forward to today and Boris FX and Grafitti cannot be used as a stand alone. Boris is trying to get you to use RED if you want a stand alone. For an app that cost as much as the editing software and your frustration will raise your blood pressure every time you use it...Boris is something you don't want to waste your money on.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]