BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris Red + Avid rotoscoping problem

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John MecklenborgBoris Red + Avid rotoscoping problem
by on Feb 28, 2008 at 5:45:12 pm

I ran into an interesting problem this morning. I am trying to rotoscope some imperfections in a couple green screen interview clips I have keyed out with BCC effects, but RED does not seem to want to work for me. I am putting a 2 input Boris red effect on the keyed interview so I can separate the fill from the background. Then I'm am simply putting a spline track on the inverted mask of video 1. Everytime I try to manipulated the spline or even move through the timeline, the video 1 layer flips upside-down over and over again as I slide through the effect. Also, the spline track is not subtracting any of the fill no matter what I do.

I've already shut down and restarted my Avid to no avail. I went ahead and took the project over to another Avid; used the same steps as before and everything worked fine. I opened up a different project on the problem Avid, and everything worked fine. So, what I'm looking at is a project isolated issue.

The project was offlined on a different computer at 15:1 on an Xpress Pro Mojo, and I am onlining DNxHD 145 on a Media Composer Adrenaline. To the best of my knowledge, both computers use the same version of RED 3 and BCC 3 & 4.

I'm guessing there is a setting that got changed somewhere along the line. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Boris Red + Avid rotoscoping problem
by on Feb 28, 2008 at 7:25:27 pm

You might want to try deleting the RED preferences file on the problem system to see if that helps. Also, you might try disabling OGL in RED on the affected system to see if that resolves the problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved