BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BFX API Error - multiprocessor.cpp 860

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carl CarboneBFX API Error - multiprocessor.cpp 860
by on Feb 20, 2008 at 3:14:19 am

I get a BFX API Error with the new FEC (5.0) in After Effects CS3 while scrubbing the timeline, RAM previewing and rendering the AEP. It did not happen with my previous version of the filters (1.1).

Does anyone know what it means or refers to? Here's the complete message:

BFI API Error
The handle is invalid.
Multiprocessor.cpp 860

I click "OK", AE tries to render the next frame and then I get the error again. This happens for a seemingly random number of frames. Then it goes away, and comes back intermittently. I have the FE Light Sweep plug-in on the layer.

Thanks,

Carl

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: BFX API Error - multiprocessor.cpp 860
by on Feb 20, 2008 at 4:20:53 pm

Hi Carl,

We'll take a look to see if we can reproduce this issue in house. Meanwhile I'll pass this information on to the engineering team to see if they know anything about this.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: BFX API Error - multiprocessor.cpp 860
by on Feb 20, 2008 at 6:26:41 pm

Hi Carl,

Can you please provide us with a series of steps to reproduce this issue? We've tried it on several MP systems and have not been able to reproduce it here. If you have an AEP file (without external media) that will generate this error message that would be great too. If you could please send either the written steps or the zipped AEP file directly to me at this address I'd very much appreciate it. Here's my email address:

peterm@borisfx.com

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Carl CarboneRe: BFX API Error - multiprocessor.cpp 860
by on Feb 20, 2008 at 7:58:44 pm

Thanks for the quick reply, Peter. I'll get you the info/files tonight.

-Carl

Return to posts index

Chris van der ZaanRe: BFX API Error - multiprocessor.cpp 860
by on Dec 30, 2008 at 5:15:51 pm

I have the same problems. It used to work on old computer, but not anymore after i upgraded to a quad core

AE7 gives these problems. But luckily AE CS3 doesn't, so i can still use my old projects.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]