BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris BCC5 Plugin Problem

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris SuchorskyBoris BCC5 Plugin Problem
by on Feb 13, 2008 at 9:00:33 pm

I just updated to Boris Continuum Complete 5 for Final Cut Studio 2. I did a lot of work at my old company using their version of Boris BCC3 for Final Cut. The problem I'm having is that when I open an old FCP file that used the BCC3 effects I get a message that says...

Unable to find plugin "BCC FilmProcess.b8".
Do you wish to load plugin from another directory?

I've tried everything I can think of to fix this. I try and load the plugin from the FXPlug Folder

Hard Drive > Library > Plug-Ins > FxPlug

and click on the BCC Effects.fxplug file. But it doesn't work. I'm guessing that's the file I should be clicking on considering that group houses the FilmProcess Effect.

Please don't teel me I need to add all new filters and key points to my files. I have years worth of work that I've used Boris Filters on...

Return to posts index

Dave DiPintoRe: Boris BCC5 Plugin Problem
by on Feb 13, 2008 at 9:48:40 pm

Hi Chris,

I've got some bad news. BCC 5 for Final Cut Pro is not compatible with older versions of BCC. The reason being is that BCC 5 uses Apple's FxPlug architecture whereas the older versions used the Adobe AE architecture.

That being said, I'd suggest downloading the BCC 5 for After Effects trial and installing into Final Cut Pro. You'll have to choose Custom Universal install and place the plugs in:

HardDrive/Library/Application Support/Final Cut Pro System Support/Plugins/

This is not a supported configuration and not recommended for use besides opening legacy timelines.

Let me know if this works out for you.

Return to posts index

Chris SuchorskyRe: Boris BCC5 Plugin Problem
by on Feb 14, 2008 at 4:14:59 am

Wow...that sucks.

I can still open the old settings. When the warning asks if I want to load a new filter I just hit "No" and I then I open the clip/graphic and check the settings I used previously. Then I delete the old filter from the clip, add the new version of the filter and copy in the settings. Not ideal...but it works.

Thanks for the help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved