BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BCC5 Deinterlace simply doesn't work?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Garchow
BCC5 Deinterlace simply doesn't work?
on Jan 28, 2008 at 4:57:03 pm

Recently updated to the latest version of BCC5 to fix the chroma key render issue, and no it appears that the deinterlace filter simply does not work? I put it on and it does nothing at all. I tweak parameters and no changes. Is there something I am missing?

Jeremy

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: BCC5 Deinterlace simply doesn't work?
on Jan 28, 2008 at 6:08:59 pm

Hi Jeremy,

Is the behavior different with this new version? I'll have someone here take a look into this to see if there is something amiss with the updater.

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 28, 2008 at 6:51:55 pm

It seems to be different, yes. It's as if it does nothing at all to the image. Interlaced is still interlaced when before it would deinterlace.

Thanks for checking.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Jan 28, 2008 at 7:45:33 pm

Hi Jeremy,

We have reproduced the issue in our labs. We'll upload a fix for this with a new patch as soon as we can.

Thanks for making us aware of this issue,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 28, 2008 at 7:48:51 pm

Thank you for checking in to it so fast. Glad to know I am not going crazy!

Jeremy

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Jan 31, 2008 at 6:02:55 pm

Hi Jeremy,

Apparently the problem was with the way your FCP sequence was set up and not with the filter. The BCC Deinterlace filter requires that the FCP sequence field dominance be set to none in order for it to see both fields, so if you can set the field dominance of the sequence containing the clip that you wish to filter with the BCC Deinterlace to none you should see the result that you were expecting.

I hope this helps.

Peter.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 31, 2008 at 7:09:02 pm

Duh. Thanks for that.

Sorry about the hassle. I will check and see on that sequence what it was set for. If was not set for none, it should be!

Jeremy

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Jan 31, 2008 at 7:17:52 pm

Not to worry - it threw me for a loop also. :) And if you want to localize the fielding change to just one clip, you can scroll the FCP Browser window until you see the Field Dominance column and control-click on the field settings for just that clip, making the change there instead of global for all of the clips within that sequence.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]