BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

path is visible

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
amanda duncanpath is visible
by on Jan 25, 2008 at 8:00:06 pm

I wanted a line to paint/animate across the screen and I got it to work using the paint path in the paint tool, but I can see the path as a black line. Is there a way to get rid of this or should I have done this using a different method.
thanks

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: path is visible
by on Jan 28, 2008 at 3:41:23 pm

Hi Amanda,

So the path is showing up in the final render? Odd. Can you please let em know what your system configuration is? I'll need to know the host name and version, plug-in name and version, and operating system name and version.

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

amanda duncanRe: path is visible
by on Jan 28, 2008 at 5:01:35 pm

I'm running it as a plugin, part of the Avid Studio Toolkit, but it's just Boris Red renamed AVID FX. So I can't give you a version number for red. Studio Toolkit ver. 5.7. Avid Newscutter ver.6.7. It's a standard AVID provided HP xw8400 computer setup. 2.66GHZ, 2gb ram, 224gbHard drive. 935 GB media drive.
I painted a white line that looks like a standard spray paint line and the path is on the screen as a transparent black line but it's not like the shadow of the spray,it looks like a flat ribbon. I tried it over video and by itself and still it remains after the render. I'm using the AVID fx 1 input effect preset in avid.

Return to posts index

by on Jan 28, 2008 at 6:06:52 pm

Okay. Can you please open the AvidFX effect with the paint-on and save it out as a project to the desktop. Then send me this project file (zip it first though) and I'll take a look at it here. My email is:

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

amanda duncanRe: path is visible
by on Jan 28, 2008 at 6:32:02 pm

your email address is not visible

Return to posts index

by on Jan 28, 2008 at 6:41:20 pm

:)

Sorry about that.

Thanks,