BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

Not able to move keyframes, project is saving as 4.0.3

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ray Brown
Not able to move keyframes, project is saving as 4.0.3
on Jan 25, 2008 at 5:19:44 pm

Using Boris Red 4.1.5 on Mac G5 quad core intel. FCP 6 host. Created an hd project in 4.1.5 in Red engine but when I save the project Red saves it as a 4.0.3 setting. This would not be an issue except that I am using the Vector Trace tool and it doesn't show up in Red 4.0. Solution?
Also, used to be able to shift-click key frames to select more than 1 and re-position them, this no longer works. Is there another modifier I don't know about? One more thing. When I export the movie file as an Amimation with millions of colors+, the background changes to white instead of black. Is this a setting I have messed up? All of these problems are in the Red Engine not in the FCP timeline.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Not able to move keyframes, project is saving as 4.0.3
on Jan 28, 2008 at 4:08:55 pm

Hello,

Sounds to me like you have a preference file for RED that needs to be deleted. I suggest that you go to this directory:

HD/Users/Login Name/Library/Preferences/

And delete this file:

Boris RED (all versions) Preferences

Then relaunch RED and see if it is behaving as expected. Please let me know whether or not this works for you.

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Ray Brown
on Jan 28, 2008 at 5:40:04 pm

Trashed everthing. No change. Even with a new timeline.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Jan 28, 2008 at 6:04:22 pm

Okay. Follow the link that I've provided herewith and download the RED 4.2 updater. Install this update and please let me know if this solves the problem.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Jan 28, 2008 at 6:04:32 pm

Okay. Follow the link that I've provided herewith and download the RED 4.2 updater. Install this update and please let me know if this solves the problem.

http://www.borisfx.com/updates/

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Ray Brown
on Jan 31, 2008 at 6:53:00 pm

That's seems to fix it. haven't had a chance to fully test, but upon initial install I am able to shift click keyframes with success.

Return to posts index

Ray Brown
on Jan 31, 2008 at 7:02:05 pm

That's seems to fix it. haven't had a chance to fully test, but upon initial install I am able to shift click keyframes with success.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]