BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Title 3D Missing from Final Cut Pro

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam SchoalesTitle 3D Missing from Final Cut Pro
by on Jan 22, 2008 at 9:24:47 pm

Just tried to open a project I've been working on for a while only to find Title 3D missing - along with all the other boris title effects that ship with FCP. I got a warning about being unable to locate plugin "Title 3D" and if I wanted to load from another folder.

I had recently upgraded to leopard and updated quicktime and I can only imagine this is part of the problem.

I also took a peak inside the plugins directory and strangely enough they were there - however not as bundle files - but rather folders with a .bundle extension.

I did some reading and found a few others having this trouble - and it appears to be the quicktime update that did it, though I could be wrong.

I need to get this project finished and SOON but I cannot solve the issue.

Please! Somone help me!

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Title 3D Missing from Final Cut Pro
by on Jan 23, 2008 at 1:55:32 pm

Hi Adam,

Can you please tell me exactly what version of FCP are you using?

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

by on Jan 23, 2008 at 2:45:10 pm

Okay - we understand the problem and have a fix for you (and anyone else for that matter.) Follow this link to download the fix, then follow the instructions listed below to install it.

http://www.borisfx.com/download_files/CalligraphyForFCP.dmg

Here's the long and the short of it. The four bundle files that make up the Boris titling application called Calligraphy rely on the operating system to flag them as bundles instead of folders. In some cases (like if you update FCP or your OS) these bundles get mislabeled as folders, therefore FCP can not "see" them and you loose your titles. The fix for this is simple. Herewith is a link to where you can download a set of new bundle files that identify themselves as bundles. Once you've downloaded them, locate the FCP plugins folders here: Hard Drive>Library>Application Support>Final Cut Pro System Support>Plugins. In there you should find the four FOLDERS named: "Text Scrambler.bundle", "Title 3D.bundle", "Title Crawl.bundle" and "Vector Shape.bundle". Delete those FOLDERS and replace them with the FILES you just downloaded. That's it.

I hope this helps,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Adam SchoalesRe: Title 3D Missing from Final Cut Pro
by on Jan 23, 2008 at 4:53:52 pm

Thanks Peter - that's exactly what I needed. I actually got an email from Boris Support yesterday which solved the problem.

Thanks for the speedy response guys. Look slike that latest QT update really crippled... well just about everything! haha.

Return to posts index

ramone kalsawRe: Title 3D Missing from Final Cut Pro
by on Mar 9, 2008 at 8:08:58 am

I"m trying to download the fix from -- http://www.borisfx.com/download_files/CalligraphyForFCP.dmg -- but the web page keeps on delivering code and not a link to the files.

Any suggestions on how to address this problem?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Peter McAuleyRe: Title 3D Missing from Final Cut Pro
by on Mar 9, 2008 at 10:50:29 pm

Hi Ramone,

I just tried the link (using Safari) and it and immediately started the download of this fix to my desktop. Can you give it another shot?

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

ramone kalsawRe: Title 3D Missing from Final Cut Pro
by on Mar 11, 2008 at 5:30:22 pm

I got it to work. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Robin KressRe: Title 3D Missing from Final Cut Pro
by on May 24, 2011 at 11:44:06 am

This link must be old as i only found it now, would you be so kind and post an up to date link?

Would much appreciate it!

Return to posts index

by on May 24, 2011 at 1:22:40 pm

Hi Robin,

Can you try this link:

borisfx.com/downloads

Then click on Calligraphy and download the Calligraphy 2.2 update.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]