BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

flying a fly and AE

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
SERGIOflying a fly and AE
by on Jan 18, 2008 at 6:38:26 pm

I have notice that I can animate a single alpha picture in HFX, as example I can add a "butterfly layer" to the
butterfly alpha imagen and can simulate that the BF is flying.
I have seen in different After Effects tutorials that is posiblle to animate a alpha imagen with its pupet tool, so, I wonder how can I do this in BR?
I am honest, normally I use BR for transitions and text, but I think it is possible to do almost everythig with BR in compare with AE, but corse I need more practice.
For other hand the tutorials in the BRFX web page are great!!but I would like that you guys, the pros, can show more tutorials, please!!.

So, how is possible to animate an alpha imagen?, let says a person and animate only the arm or only the legs?

Best Regards

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: flying a fly and AE
by on Jan 18, 2008 at 7:03:59 pm

Hi Sergio,

Glad to hear that you have been enjoying using the software and that you are thinking of new way in which you can use the toolset to generate more interesting effects.

So ... with regard to the effect that you are trying to create where you animate only selected layers or shapes in a comp. You need to move the anchor point for the layer or shape that you wish to animate independently to the desired point of rotation, then set the motion over time using keyframes, and viola, you will have the animation that you are looking for. Send me your emil address and I'll send you a sample project, where I'll animate the position of an object like an arm or pendulum swinging. You can then apply this same technique to any object in any comp.

Here's my email address -

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved