BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

BCC4render Crashing Project

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kat Thomas
BCC4render Crashing Project
on Jan 14, 2008 at 6:43:12 pm

I am working on FCP 6.0.2 and have recently updated to BCC 5. Lately, I have been having trouble with crashes just scrolling through the project. The crash seems to occur most frequently when I get to a clip with the BCC4 lens flare filter on it, but now it is crashing on other clips as well, especially if I try and double click on them. I get the following error message after the crash.

'The application Final Cut Pro quit unexpectedly. The problem may have been caused by the BCC4Render.dylib plug-in."

Any help or ideas on where to start to solve this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much in advance.

Return to posts index

Peter McAuley
Re: BCC4render Crashing Project
on Jan 14, 2008 at 8:41:16 pm

Hi Kat,

I'm not sure what caused this problem to suddenly appear but one thing that might help is to have both BCC 4 and BCC 5 installed on this system so that the older effects that you created using BCC 4 will not call BCC 5 at render time, which is what I suspect could be causing the instability.

Please feel free to email me off list at peterm@borisfx.com to further discuss this issue.

I hope this helps,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Kat Thomas
on Jan 14, 2008 at 9:26:04 pm

Peter,

I didn't realize that my trial version of BCC 5 had expired. Got the unlock code/registered and everything seems to be working fine now. I really appreciate your quick response. Thanks so much.

Kat

Return to posts index

Peter McAuley
on Jan 14, 2008 at 9:31:52 pm

Hi Kat,

Glad to hear that you have the situation under control.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]