BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

RED 4.2 and PPcs3 Mac

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
PASCAL LUCASRED 4.2 and PPcs3 Mac
by on Jan 11, 2008 at 8:05:59 am

I tried the new Red upgrade 4.2 to be able to use it into Premiere Pro Cs3.1.1 (Mac 10.4.11) but it can be done - when the installer starts, it indicates that it needs a future version of PP to validate the install into it !...
Is there any another way to install it and to use Red as a PP plug-in?...
Many thanks
Pascal

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: RED 4.2 and PPcs3 Mac
by on Jan 11, 2008 at 3:28:59 pm

Hi Pascal,

If you can you please send me your system information we'll investigate the source of the problem and get this to work for you.

Feel free to either email me directly at peterm@borisfx.com or keep it on the Cow forum, whatever way works best for you is fine with me.

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: RED 4.2 and PPcs3 Mac
by on Jan 11, 2008 at 3:44:49 pm

Hi Pascal,

Upon rereading the title of your message, I noticed that you are using a Mac. Unfortunately at this time we do not have a solution for Boris RED users in the Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 host on the Mac. I believe it should work on Windows, although if you're on a Mac that won't help you all that much.

Premiere Pro CS3 is new to the Mac and there are many integration issues that have to be worked through before RED 4 will actually function as expected. When we have an update of RED 4 that works within this PP CS3 on the Mac we'll post a message on the web site and also on the Cow forum.

Meanwhile please know that you can use the BCC 5 filters in Premiere Pro CS3 on the Mac.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]