BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Confusing Rotoscope Question in FX

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony NoonConfusing Rotoscope Question in FX
by on Jan 5, 2008 at 2:06:45 am

I am making a mistake and can't figure it out. I have a video that I rotoscoped out with fx 9.1 in sony vegas pro 8. It is layerd over a backdrop I created from a DJ graphic element with an alpha channel filled in with a white background. (They are layerd in two seprate Vegas tracks not in FX.) Everything is great when I render it out.

My client decided he wanted a black background, so I changed the white color to black and the rotoscoped element looks ragged and ratty. I double checked my settings and they are premultiplied black like the instructions say. There is also something in the known conflicts about not updating previews, but I don't understand it. Could someone here explain it in simpler tearms, and what I need to do to fix my problem?

Thanks for the help,

Tony Noon
Noon Productions

Return to posts index

ddipintoRe: Confusing Rotoscope Question in FX
by on Jan 7, 2008 at 4:56:24 pm

Hi Tony,

I just want to make sure I understand what's going on. You have a Vegas timeline with three video tracks. Topmost is the video clip with an FX 9 filter applied to it that you rotoscoped, next down is a graphic element with alpha channel, and below that is Vegas solid color (white then black after client revision).

If that's the case, I can't reproduce what you're seeing. My effect still renders correctly set to Premultiplied Black. Am I missing something?

And the updating preview issue refers to the video preview in FX when used as a filter. You will only get one frame of host video from Vegas due to plugin limitations.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved