BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Grafitti 5.02 Freezing in FCP 6.01

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ral1375
Grafitti 5.02 Freezing in FCP 6.01
on Dec 31, 2007 at 2:18:39 pm

This has happened before in Grafitti 4 as well..You open up a title to revise it, and the program freezes and you cannot do anything. After a few seconds you are able to quit. The only cure I have found is to quit Final Cut altogether, but this is a real PITA... Any ideas? Is this a GL related issue?

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Grafitti 5.02 Freezing in FCP 6.01
on Jan 2, 2008 at 4:14:55 pm

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you've been having this problem. It's not something that we have run into in our labs but if you can send us reproducible steps we'll see if we can reproduce it here and if so then we stand a better chance of fixing the issue. It may actually be related to the font that you are using ... can you please include the name of the font and the system specs along with the steps to reproduce?

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

ral1375
on Jan 2, 2008 at 4:41:58 pm

Hi-
Thanks for taking the time to respond. That's just one of the problems we are encountering. The second is that windows sometimes do not disengage from the mouse when dragging them to a new place. In other words they stick to the mouse even when you let go of them. This is happening on more then one computer. We are both running FCP 6.01, one on a 2x3Ghz Quad Core Intel and one on an older Dual 2Ghz G5. We are running Grafitti 5.02. The freezing problem is happening when attempting to revise a title using Franklin Gothic Demi Bold Condensed. We have been using this font for several years. And it doesn't matter if we are creating a new title or revising an old one...I click on the title to get to Grafitti, and I cannot do anything in the program. All keystrokes are frozen. After about :30 seconds the program unfreezes long enough to quit Boris. That is all that is doable.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Jan 2, 2008 at 4:54:57 pm

Okay ... I'll have someone take a look at this today and we'll get back to you to see if we can reproduce both of the issues that you have reported. Thanks for providing all of the system specs and application info - this will help us in our attempts to reproduce the issues. I agree that the font that you are using should work without issue and I'm not sure why this is happening but we'll do our best to help you resolve the problem and return to a stable environment.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

ral1375
on Jan 2, 2008 at 5:02:04 pm

Great..FYI...we have deleted the Grafitti preferences more times then I can remember, and we have deleted the 5.1 as well as 5.0

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Jan 2, 2008 at 5:57:44 pm

Hi,

Can you please make sure you have the current version of Graffiti installed. That would be Graffiti 5.2 and you must choose the Universal Binary option during the installation process.

Please let me know if this makes a difference.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

ral1375
on Jan 2, 2008 at 7:32:34 pm

Should I delete and reinstall the current 5.02 version?

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Jan 2, 2008 at 7:39:00 pm

No ... you should delete the current version (5.0.2) and then download and install the 5.2.x version.

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

jerry wise
on Oct 13, 2010 at 8:41:59 pm

i'm having the same problem..But with Boris Title 3D and Boris Text Scrambler..which came with my FCP 7.0.3 ..did the binary install fix it? I purchased Grafitti...after that all my problems started.
i'm back to using only Simple Text that came with FCP.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]