BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

BCC DVE Aspect Problem

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Garber
BCC DVE Aspect Problem
on Dec 26, 2007 at 3:25:39 pm

I have been using BCC AVX plug-ins for a little more than 2 years. There is an apparent bug in the DVE that has needled me & I wonder if this is a known issue. When I enable motion blur, shadow, & then move my image using resize or rotate, the aspect goes wild.

It can be corrected by scaling the X to 50%. Problem is on the last field of the effect it jumps back to normal aspect. No key framing will fix the problem completely since adding a keyframe on the second to last field will then give you a big motion blur glitch for that field.

I have seen this consistently on BCC3 & BCC4. I am not currently running BCC5 so I cannot speak for it.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: BCC DVE Aspect Problem
on Jan 2, 2008 at 5:48:32 pm

Hi Tim,

I have tried in vain to reproduce the issue that you mention here. Could you please list out the exact steps and the system configuration that you are using and I'll see if I can repro using your steps. Also, please let me know which Avid system are you using.

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Tim Garber
on Jan 2, 2008 at 6:27:21 pm

Interesting that you cannot reproduce this. I can easily reproduce this on any one of the 5 systems I regularly work on.

I am using software Media Composer 2.7.7 Boris AVX BCC4.

Apply BCC DVE Basic effect to any clip. (I normally apply to imported JPG, TIF, PNG, or PSD files, but it doesn't matter.) Then I pull my crops in as needed, turn on Motion Blur, select only 1 kayframe & move it (rotate, scale, or Z) & bam the image is distorted.

While walking through this myself to make sure I was accurately describing things I found the critical combo is Motion Blur, Crops, & movement other than crop movement. I discovered that the crop control is warping the image as I move it around. I had thought drop shadow was involved but it is not.

When motion blur is combo'd with a crop & movement the image will warp with the crop movement.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Jan 2, 2008 at 7:12:34 pm

Bingo! Got it to happen here with the new steps. I'm seeing this with all versions of the software in the Avid MC 2.7 host. Interesting alright. I'll ask engineering to investigate the issue and I"ll let you know what they say about the problem once they get back to me.

Thank you for reporting the issue.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Tim Garber
on Jan 2, 2008 at 7:48:50 pm

Thank-you for your help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]