BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris FX exporting...

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joel BlackwellBoris FX exporting...
by on Dec 17, 2007 at 8:10:02 am

I'd like to give the Boris FX crew a good slap to the head. I just purchased FX 9.1, thinking it could export movie files. After all, the manual says,

"In the Boris engine or keyframer you can also batch render effects in the Project window and then export them as QuickTime or AVI."

I figured the trial version must simply have the option to do so removed, and went ahead and purchased it. I did three days of research into my first compositor, but somehow missed the only three posts on the topic that can be found (one is on this forum, sadly) which mentioned that the Boris FX crew are incompetent and haven't updated the program's manual to reflect the fact some of what's in there is for Red. I don't have a compatible Nle as a host for it, so the best I can do is save my pennies for another one I both can't afford and don't really want to learn.

This is a real shame, considering how fantastic the program is. I'm no video pro, but for the Boris FX guys who claim to be the best in the business, this kind of mistake is just pathetically amateurish, and should have been fixed the instant someone realised.

Anyway, as annoyed as I am about this... does anyone know if something like Premiere Elements can use FX?

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Boris FX exporting...
by on Dec 17, 2007 at 3:38:34 pm

Hi Joel,

Please accept our apology for the error in the Boris FX 9 on-line documentation. We will correct this with the next release of that product. The export feature that was described is a Boris RED only feature and a cross grade to RED is available to Boris FX customers.

Return to posts index

Joel BlackwellRe: Boris FX exporting...
by on Dec 17, 2007 at 11:18:03 pm

Hi Peter, thanks. I sent an email through to sales and am having a chat to one of the guys about the issue now. Thanks for replying, though.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved