BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

RED 4.2 and Avid Adrenaline

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Abeyta
RED 4.2 and Avid Adrenaline
on Dec 7, 2007 at 9:14:13 pm

This ones for Peter. Thanks by the way for the help with my other problems. Here's another small one.

I am using Red 4.2 as a plugin for MC Adrenaline on a 8 core Mac Pro. The problem happens when I add a Red effect to my Avid timeline and step into the Red interface. The images on my client monitors turn blue when working in the Red interface. When I apply the effect and get back to the Avid timeline everything comes back normal. Both monitors are fed SDI from the outputs of the Adrenaline. Everything renders fine and the composite window inside of Red look fine, it's just my Avid client monitors that change when working in Red. The monitors look like I added a tritone filter to the image.

My G5 PPC never had this problem so maybe it's a Intel Macpro thing?

Derrick

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: RED 4.2 and Avid Adrenaline
on Dec 10, 2007 at 3:19:06 pm

Hi Derrick,

Thanks for getting in touch with me about this and for providing all of this detail in regard to reproducing the problem. We'll see if we can reproduce here on our systems the issue that you are seeing on your systems and I'll be back in touch in a little bit to let you know our results.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Dec 10, 2007 at 7:14:08 pm

Hi Derrick,

Are you seeing the issue while using RED 4.2 in Avid AVX 1.5 or 2.0?

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Dec 10, 2007 at 7:43:52 pm

Hi Derrick,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention - we have reproduced it in house and are engineering a fix which will become available as a free update patch for RED 4.2 users.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Abeyta
on Dec 10, 2007 at 8:07:05 pm

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it. Can you let me know when the patch becomes available?

Derrick

Return to posts index

Derrick Abeyta
on Feb 8, 2008 at 10:04:45 pm

Any news on this fix yet?

Derrick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]